Available radiologic glossaries include the following1:
▪ Thoracic radiology: “Glossary of Terms for Thoracic Radiology”2
▪ Computed tomography of the lung: “Glossary of Terms for CT of the Lungs”3
▪ Breast imaging: BI-RADS Atlas4
▪ Ultrasonography: Recommended Ultrasound Terminology7
▪ General, for laypersons and nonspecialists: RadiologyInfo8
In addition to the terminology explained in this section, see 11.1, Correct and Preferred Usage of Common Words and Phrases, for terms such as radiography, radiology, radiograph, and film; 14.14, Abbreviations, Radioactive Isotopes, and 15.9, Isotopes; and 18.0, Units of Measure, for units such as H (Hounsfield) and keV (kiloelectron volt).