Place of Publication
3.12.8 Place of Publication
Use the name of the city in which the publishing firm was located at the time of publication. Follow the style used by JAMA and the Archives Journals for state names, as well as names of cities outside the United States (see 14.5, Abbreviations, Cities, States, Counties, Territories, Possessions; Provinces; Countries). Do not list the state name if it is part of the publisher’s name. If more than 1 location appears, use the one that appears first in the edition you consulted. A colon separates the place of publication and the name of the publisher.
1. Griffin JR, Grisham JD. Binocular Anomalies: Diagnosis and Vision Therapy. 4th ed. Boston, MA: Butterworth-Heinemann; 2002.
2. Dresser R. When Science Offers Salvation: Patient Advocacy and Research Ethics. New York, NY: Oxford University Press; 2001.
3. International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC). Cancer Incidence in Five Continents. Vol 8. Lyon, France: IARC Press; 2002. IARC scientific publication 155.
4. Cavanagh PR, Boone EY, Plummer DL. The Foot in Diabetes: A Bibliography. College Station: Pennsylvania State University; 2000.
5. Health, United States, 2004. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics; 2004.