Patent citations take the following form. Examples 1 and 2 and 4 and 5 are for patents that have been issued and example 3 is for a patent that is pending. See the US Patent and Trademark Office home page (http://www.uspto.gov/) or the European Patent Office home page (http://www.european-patent-office.org/index.en.php) for further details.
1. Rabiner RA, Hare BA, inventors; OmniSonics Medical Technologies Inc, assignee. Apparatus for removing plaque from blood vessels using ultrasonic energy. US patent 6,866,670. March 15, 2005.
2. Guiliano K, Kapur R, inventors; Cellomics Inc, assignee. System for cell-based screening. US patent 6,875,578. April 5, 2005.
3. Castellano TP, inventor; Pillsbury Winthrop LLP, assignee. Method and apparatus for administering a vaccine or other pharmaceutical. US patent application 20,050,070,876. September 26, 2003.
4. Morris D, Coffey MC, Thompson BG, inventors; Oncolytics Biotech Inc, assignee. Method for reducing pain using oncolytic viruses. European patent ES2239928T. October 16, 2005.
5. James RG, inventor; Australian Surgical Design, James RG, assignees. Surface preparation of an implant. European patent GB2412338. September 28, 2005.