- 1.0 Types of Articles
- 2.0 Manuscript Preparation for Submission and Publication
- 3.0 References
- 4.0 Tables, Figures, and Multimedia
- 5.0 Ethical and Legal Considerations
- 6.0 Editorial Assessment and Processing
- 7.0 Grammar
- 8.0 Punctuation
- 9.0 Plurals
- 10.0 Capitalization
- 11.0 Correct and Preferred Usage
- 11.0 Correct and Preferred Usage.
- 11.1 Correct and Preferred Usage of Common Words and Phrases.
- 11.2 Redundant, Expendable, and Incomparable Words and Phrases.
- 11.3 Spelling and Spacing Variations.
- 11.4 Back-formations.
- 11.5 Jargon.
- 11.6 Administration of Drugs.
- 11.7 Age and Sex Referents.
- 11.8 Anatomy.
- 11.9 Clock Referents.
- 11.10 Laboratory Values.
- 11.11 Articles.
- 11.12 Inclusive Language.
- 12.0 Non-English Words, Phrases, and Accent Marks
- 13.0 Abbreviations
- 14.0 Nomenclature
- 15.0 Eponyms
- 16.0 Greek Letters
- 17.0 Units of Measure
- 18.0 Numbers and Percentages
- 19.0 Study Design and Statistics
- 20.0 Mathematical Composition
- 21.0 Editing, Proofreading, Tagging, and Display
- 22.0 Publishing Terms
- 23.0 Resources
(p. 505) Correct and Preferred Usage
- (p. 505) Correct and Preferred Usage
and Roxanne K. Young
Access to the complete content on AMA Manual of Style requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.